- 1 DOUX FITLIFE CHICKEN (1,200 GRS) CUT INTO PIECES
- 1/2 CUP YOGHURT
- 2 GARLIC CLOVES, CRUSHED
- 3CM PIECE GINGER, PEELED, FINELY GRATED
- 2 TEASPOONS GROUND CUMIN
- 2 TEASPOONS GROUND CORIANDER
- 1 TEASPOON GARAM MASALA
- 1/4 TEASPOON CHILLI POWDER
- 1 TABLESPOON VEGETABLE OIL
- 20G BUTTER
- 1 BROWN ONION, HALVED, THICKLY SLICED
- 410G CAN TOMATO PUREE
- 1/2 CUP CHICKEN STOCK
- 1/2 CUP THICKENED CREAM
- BASMATI RICE AND CORIANDER LEAVES, TO SERVE
Doux Fitlife Whole Chicken
- Place yoghurt, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, garam masala and chilli powder in a glass or ceramic dish. Add DOUX FITLIFE chicken. Stir to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat oil and butter in a heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add chicken mixture to pan.
- Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until chicken just starts to change colour.
- Add tomato puree and stock.
- Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and mixture has thickened slightly.
- Stir in cream. Simmer for a further 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with steamed rice and coriander leaves.
1. Use low fat yoghurt
2. Served with some vegetables or green salad.