- 2 CUPS DOUX FITLIFE CHICKEN BROTH
- 1 CUP MILK
- 1 TEASPOON POULTRY SEASONING
- ½ CUP FLOUR
- 2 CUPS WATER, DIVIDED
- 1 CUP UNCOOKED QUINOA, RINSED
- 2 BONELESS SKINLESS DOUX FITLIFE CHICKEN BREASTS
- 2 TEASPOONS SEASONING (ANY BASIC BLEND YOU LIKE)
- ¼ CUP SHREDDED GRUYERE CHEESE
- 3 CUPS FRESH BROCCOLI FLORETS
Doux Fitlife Whole Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and grease a baking dish (be generous because it can sticks to the sides!). Make your own cream of DOUX FITLIFE chicken soup. Bring the chicken broth and ½ cup milk to a low boil in a saucepan. Whisk the other ½ cup milk with the poultry seasoning and flour; add the mixture to the boiling liquid and whisk until a smooth creamy sauce forms.
- In a large bowl, mix the sauce, one cup of water and the quinoa and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips and lay the chicken breast strips over the top of the quinoa mixture. Sprinkle with the seasoning. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- While the dish is in the oven, place the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute until it turns bright green and then run under cold water. Set aside.
- Remove the dish from the oven, check the mixture by stirring it around, and if needed, bake for an additional 10-15 minutes to get the right consistency. When the quinoa and chicken are cooked and the sauce is thickened, add the broccoli and a little bit of water (if needed). Cook until the consistency is creamy and smooth and you can stir it easily in the dish. Top with the cheese and bake for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
1. When you make the cream of DOUX FITLIFE chicken soup make more and freeze it, so it will be ready for future use. It is magically useful in all sorts of down-home comforting casseroles, soups, and hot dishes, and it’s delicious!
2. The seasoning possibilities are really open-ended. So, when you make the cream, change the spices depending on what you’re going to use the soup for. Always different, always surprising!