- 3 TABLESPOONS VEGETABLE OIL
- 1 TEASPOON CORIANDER POWDER
- 1 TEASPOON CUMIN POWDER
- 1 TEASPOON TURMERIC POWDER
- 1 TEASPOON CAYENNE
- 1 TABLESPOON GARAM MASALA
- 1 TABLESPOON PAPRIKA
- 1 CUP PLAIN YOGURT
- 2 TABLESPOONS LEMON JUICE
- 4 MINCED GARLIC CLOVES
- 2 TABLESPOONS MINCED FRESH GINGER
- 1 TEASPOON SALT
- 4 WHOLE DOUX FITLIFE CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS AND THIGHS
Doux Fitlife Whole Chicken
- Heat the oil in a small pan over medium heat, then cook the coriander, cumin, turmeric, cayenne, garam masala and paprika, stirring often, until fragrant (approximately 2-3 minutes). Leave to cool completely.
- Whisk the cooled spice-oil mixture into the yogurt, then mix in the lemon juice, garlic, salt and ginger.
- Take the DOUX FITLIFE chicken and cut deep slashes (to the bone) in 3-4 places on the leg/thigh pieces. Coat the chicken in the marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour (preferably 5/6 hours but no more than 8 hours in any case!).
- Prepare your grill so that one side is quite hot over direct heat, the other side cooler, not over direct heat. If using charcoal, leave one side of the grill without coals, so you have a hot side and a cooler side. If you use a gas grill, just turn on one-half of the burners. Use tongs to wipe the grill grates with a paper towel soaked in vegetable oil.
- Take the chicken out of the marinade and shake off the excess. The chicken should be coated, but not gloppy. Put the chicken pieces on the hot side of the grill and cover. Cook for 2-3 minutes before checking. Turn the chicken so it is brown (even a little bit charred) on all sides.
- Move chicken to the cool side of the grill. Cover and cook for at least 20 minutes, up to 40 minutes (or longer) depending on the size of the chicken and the temperature of the grill. The chicken is done when its juices run clear. Serve with onion rings and lemon segments.
1. Serve with green salad or some vegetables