- 1 DOUX FITLIFE CHICKEN, 1,000 GRS
- 2 CARROTS
- 3 STALKS OF CELERY
- 1 LARGE PIECE OF GINGER
- 1 BULB OF FENNEL
- 2 SMALL ONIONS
- 1 HEAD OF GARLIC
- 2 WHOLE DRIED RED CHILLIES
- 1 TEASPOON BLACK PEPPERCORNS
- 1 STICK OF CINNAMON
- 3-4 PODS OF CARDAMOM
- 5-7 BAY LEAVES
- HANDFUL OF CILANTRO
- SALT TO TASTE
Doux Fitlife Whole Chicken
- Cut the vegetables and place them along with the DOUX FITLIFE chicken and other ingredients in a large pot. Then, add cold water until the chicken is 80% covered.
- Bring water to the boil, and let it boil for 4 minutes.
- Turn heat off, turn chicken over, and leave it to sit for 10 mins.
- Turn chicken over again, and leave it to sit for another 10 mins.
- Prick chicken with a knife in 2-3 areas, and if there’s no pink, the chicken is done.
- Remove the entire chicken and take the meat off the bones with your hands. Make sure it has cooled down otherwise the steam released will burn! The meat can be used for several things, including being added back into the soup for eating.
- Place the bones/carcass back in the pot and let all the ingredients simmer for 3-4 hours.
- Taste and season at intervals as per your preferences, but bear in mind that the flavours concentrate as the broth slowly cooks.
1. Why should you dice onions, carrots, celery, etc. before placing them in the pot? Because this will result in more surface area being touched by the broth and therefore add more flavour. We also recommend dicing vegetables so they can be eaten.
2. Our favourite aromatics to use are onions, ginger, fennel, cinnamon and cardamom, but you can use these in any combination to find a flavour profile you enjoy… Aromatics to the rescue!
3. Freeze remaining broth for future use. It can be used for different sauces, or drink it when you've got a cold!