- 1 DOUX FITLIFE CHICKEN (1,200 GRS)
- 5 TABLESPOONS TIKKA MASALA PASTE
- 1 TABLESPOON OLIVE OIL
- 1 LARGE RED ONION, HALVED AND SLICED
- 2 LARGE TOMATOES, HALVED AND CHOPPED
- 1 TABLESPOON FENUGREEK SEEDS
- 1 THUMB-SIZED PIECE GINGER, GRATED
- 2 X 400G CANS FULL-FAT COCONUT MILK
- 500G NEW POTATOES, HALVED
- 100G BABY SPINACH
- 25G PACK CORIANDER, TORN, TO SERVE
- POPPADOMS AND CHUTNEY, TO SERVE (OPTIONAL)
Doux Fitlife Whole Chicken
- Heat oven to 200°C/220°C. Put the DOUX FITLIFE chicken on a chopping board and, using your hands, rub the skin generously with half the spice paste. Season well, tie the legs together and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the onion and a good pinch of salt and cook for 5 mins or until it begins to soften. Add the tomatoes, fenugreek seeds, ginger and remaining spice paste, and cook for 3 more mins. Stir in the coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken and the potatoes to the dish, and cook in the oven for 20 mins, uncovered.
- Lower the heat to 160°C/180°C and cook for 55 more mins. Check that the meat is cooked by cutting through one of its legs – the flesh shouldn’t be pink.
- Remove the chicken and place on a chopping board. Stir the spinach through the sauce and leave to rest for 5 mins. Put the chicken back in the dish, top with the coriander and carve at the table. Serve with poppadums and chutney, if you like.
Use extra-virgin olive oil to cook. It is high in antioxidants called polyphenols that have been linked to heart health. Non virgin oil doesn’t contain these “bonus” antioxidants!