- 1 DOUX FITLIFE CHICKEN (1,500 GRS) SKINLESS
- 240G CAN DICED TOMATOES WITH JALAPENOS, DRAINED
- 1/4 CUPS SALSA VERDE (SUCH AS HERDEZ)
- 1 TABLESPOON GROUND CUMIN
- 3 CLOVES GARLIC, MINCED
- 1/2 TEASPOON SALT
- 1/2 TEASPOON BLACK PEPPER
- 1 LARGE RED PEPPER, SEEDED, SLICED
- 1 LARGE YELLOW PEPPER, SEEDED, SLICED
- 1 MEDIUM ONION, SLICED
- 240G CAN BLACK BEANS, DRAINED, RINSED, COARSELY MASHED
- 240G CAN SWEETCORN, DRAINED
- 12 HARD TACO SHELLS
- 3/4 CUP SHREDDED MONTEREY JACK CHEESE
- 1 AVOCADO, CHOPPED
Doux Fitlife Whole Chicken
- In a 5 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker, combine tomatoes, 3/4 cup of the salsa verde, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper. Add chicken, peppers and onion; stir to coat. Cover and cook on high for 3-1/2 hours or low for 4-1/2 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker to a cutting board and leave to cool slightly.
- Strain mixture over a large bowl or measuring cup; set liquid aside. Return vegetable mixture to slow cooker; stir in black beans and sweetcorn. Cover and cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shred chicken and stir back into slow cooker with remaining 1/2 cup salsa verde and 1 cup of the reserved liquid (or more if desired).
- For tacos : set aside half the mixture (3-1/2 cups). Heat shells according to package directions. Divide mixture evenly among shells; top each with 1 tablespoon cheese and chopped avocado slices.
Freeze remaining half mixture for future use, can be used in a quesadilla or wrapped in a flour tortilla.