- 2 TABLESPOONS OLIVE OIL
- 2 CUPS POTATOES DICED
- 1 TEASPOON SEA SALT
- 1 CUP CARROTS SHREDDED
- 1/4 CUP YELLOW ONIONS
- 3 CLOVES GARLIC
- 1 CUP TOMATOES CHOPPED
- 1 TABLESPOON PARSLEY
- 1/2 TEASPOON WHITE PEPPER
- 1/4 CUP BROTH OR WATER
- 1 HARISSA SIMMER SAUCE
- 1 CUP OLIVES PITTED
- 1/2 CUP BROTH OR WATER
- 1/4 CUP FRESH MINT CHOPPED
- 1 DOUX FITLIFE CHICKEN BREAST CUT INTO CUBE
Doux Fitlife Whole Chicken
- Use a large deep sauté pan on medium-low heat. Add olive oil and a little bit of salt. Add the potatoes. The salt prevents the potatoes from sticking while allowing them to brown.
- Add the chicken and shredded carrots then the onion.
- Add the diced parsley and white pepper.
- Then add 1/4 cup of water or chicken broth (preferably the DOUX FITLIFE chicken broth).
- Add the Harissa Simmer sauce. Stir well.
- Add the olives and stir gently. Then add the mint.
- Add a little more water, as needed. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Cover the pan and lower the heat to a simmer.
- Prepare couscous and set aside. Meanwhile, continue to simmer the chicken dish for 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are completely tender.
- Serve chicken alongside couscous. Garnish with fresh mint.
1. Olives are a good source of vitamin E, iron, copper and calcium. They may also contain high amounts of sodium if packaged in saltwater. Studies show that they are good for the heart, and may protect against osteoporosis… so enjoy olives in salads, sandwiches, tapenade or pesto.